dismal fuel milage even cruising on highway

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I beleive all the superdutys have fords manumatics they are autos but then you can get out and lock them for solid 4x4 course I could be wrong the wife tells me I am all the time

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
auto hubs but they are working properly, i checked. Aric's right they do have a manual setting which is nice. auto sometimes doesnt engage smoothly on slick surfaces. but i have seen an XL with true manual hubs and a floor shifter. i think the Auto/Manual hubs go along with the ESOF

Last edited:

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I'm not sure how all they come whether its an option or Ford changed them with different years cause I have a buddy with xlt 6.0 and it had a floor shifter so I dunno but I prefer the floor shifter and manual hubs

FULL FORCE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, did my chip on 100 horse setting and no mileage increase, I am still getting 11.5-13.0 at best unloaded,mine is a late 99 4X4.

I towed my 24 foot trailer loaded with 6000 pounds of car parts last weekend, prob 9000 lbs total, I got 11.5 there and 12.6 back with a prob 5500lb load, how can I get almost the same mileage towing a shoebox as empty?

My friend said with a Cummins there is a ambient air sensor that if they get dirty it kills mileage, does a Ford have one? I assume it may be the sensor on the intake hose???

ksdrifter26

Reaction score
milage issues

i got a 02 f350 powerstroke 7.3L, sence i got it i have only been averageing around 12mpg. i have put in new glow plugs, new fuel/ air filters, tried fuel system cleaner, cetane booster and not getting much of any result. any ideas??:dunno

FULL FORCE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did a better drive with mine today, I did 75 mph with an open 16 ft car trailer and got 14.8 out of it, I bet it would be alot better at 65-70!!

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
12 mpg again:puke: :rolleyes: ***.-cuss will a chip help me out? 4" exhaust? i still have the stock system with converter.

FULL FORCE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
12 mpg again:puke: :rolleyes: ***.-cuss will a chip help me out? 4" exhaust? i still have the stock system with converter.

Both will help for sure. I gained 4 MPG doing both so far, I also have not driven under 70-75 on the highway, I know it would be better if I drove a little slower.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i'm thinking the sale of my spare IDI engine will fund a 4" exhaust. any suggestions? i want stainless steel, 4" from the turbo. preferably under $500

FULL FORCE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Summit special, 289.99 for a complete 4" turbo back, it is not stainless but I am cheap, I also bought my chip used from another board, if you buy electronics used make sure the person is reputable, I got my Diablo for 100.00 instead of 350.00

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Summit special, 289.99 for a complete 4" turbo back, it is not stainless but I am cheap, I also bought my chip used from another board, if you buy electronics used make sure the person is reputable, I got my Diablo for 100.00 instead of 350.00

Naw, You ain't cheap, I'm cheap. Had muffler cut off and straight pipe put in on factory 3-1/2"(no cat either), homemade Tymar and a 10 k resistor for $110:D

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
i'm thinking the sale of my spare IDI engine will fund a 4" exhaust. any suggestions? i want stainless steel, 4" from the turbo. preferably under $500

Im sure we can find something.;Really
from ex[eriance stay away from cheap aluminized,
Nick

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
yeah i know i had a Hypermax 3" system on the IDI and it trashed out bigtime. i think it was aluminized because it crumbled. definitly want stainless for the money pit i mean SD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online