difference of injectors?

crash86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know that Code g injectors are for turbo calibrated pumps but was wondering what the difference is between d,b,e,bb code injectors?

And i would run g's but not sure if i have a calibrated pump or not so if i do would a normal set of injectors still run good?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes... Any good set of injectors will run with a turbo or a turbo pump. I really have never felt any differance when I had a wastegated sidewinder installed with stock injectors and stock non turbo pump. Then changing all that to G codes and turbo pump didn't really change anything. A dyno run would show a differance but not the buttometer....

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having measured the G nozels I can tell you they dont flow the fuel volume of some of the others, They make a finer spray pattern. I'd go with a set from a late 6.9 or early 7.3. I've found that a turboed 6.9 will out smoke my 94 factory turbo 7.3

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
On a side note, what should you look for when you take your injectors apart? I took a few of mine apart, but they are just filthy. They appear to be in fairly identical shape. Are there signs I should look for that can show leaks or weak pressure?

SWS

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
if i had to guess i would think that the factory turbo pump and ip are probly made to inject fuel different so that they have less emmissions, and the earlier model injectors might be better. just my thoughts:dunno

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I agree with you dyoung14 about the emissions requirements for the turbo idi years. I have an injector shop I deal with tell me 1950 lbs is what you want the injectors to pop open at. A turbo pump makes more volume and pressure than a non turbo pump does. I think its 2100 lbs for the turbo pumps so. An injector that pops open at 1950 will give the injection pump a long life and get the job done. As we get to see the Moose injectors is when the fun will really start. They will be a multi port tip so the spray will enter the precups in a finer mist. How many ports in the tips is still being worked out but I'm hoping for the first set to be 3 ports......:hail:thumbsup:

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gary how much variance is optimal between injectors. I found out today that one of my friends has an injector tester, so we're going to pull mine and pop test them one day in the near future. Don't know what I'll do if I find that all have a good spray pattern and acceptable pop pressure but they vary between 1850 and 2100 or something.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
not to get off topic or anything: but moose injectors sound like a real good upgrade, but theres no way i could afford them anytime soon:rolleyes: but i belive my next upgrade in the power department is a moose pump but one thing i need to find out is if i can get a higher rpm limit then stock, i want 4000-4100 some were in there is where i want my rpm limiter at. that way when my motor goes boom! it goes boom in a big way:DLOL

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The pop pressure should be around 25 to 50 lbs of all being the same. If you have them 1850 to 2100 the timing is going to be retarded on the high cylinders and if the 2100 lb injector is on the number one cylinder the low cylinders will be advanced. So you can see why its important to have all the injectors pop close to each other. Mine pop at 1950 and 2 pop at 2000... You can't feel the motor running but you can hear it run... Kinda funny too.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
The pop pressure should be around 25 to 50 lbs of all being the same. If you have them 1850 to 2100 the timing is going to be retarded on the high cylinders and if the 2100 lb injector is on the number one cylinder the low cylinders will be advanced. So you can see why its important to have all the injectors pop close to each other. Mine pop at 1950 and 2 pop at 2000... You can't feel the motor running but you can hear it run... Kinda funny too.

yea there is times when i can here mine sound a little funny so i just figured i have a injector or two popping off rong still has lots of power tho so i uess i wont mess with it for now