Diesel Fuel Leak..........can't find....

chach3835

DIESEL BURNER HERE
Reaction score
I changed the fuel filter Saturday and am now noticing a drip in the back passenger side of the motor on the floor in the shop. Was not dripping before. I have checked the filter it was loose and was leaking slightly and I tightened it up an now its bone dry. Could this be the fuel that was leaking before but I would think it would have dried out by now. Anyone else had this happen to them? :dunno Im going to put it on the lift and see if I can see any thing ........nice to have a large shop with a lift as ;Sweet. LMK what u guys think.

howards@howard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
psd leak

TWO MOST COMMON
Fuel filter drain needs new valve or kit also check the sensor on the drivers side of the fuel filter. The fuel runs out of the sensor and down the loom to the valley.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
There are a few dips and bumps in the valley before the fuel exits the rear of the eng so you may just have to use a rag and screwdriver to poke with, followed up with some brake kleen.....

Why was the filter "loose" :confused: You mean the cover?

Fuel sensor---looks like oil press sender on driver side of filter---the crimp will leak and is not repairable....I just 86'd mine and used a 1/8" brass plug---just snug when you tighten it because that hsg will crack!

Regardless of the cause...find and fix asap as the fuel can and will find it's way to the starter and the mix of road grime will soak into the field...been there---had that done to me!