Diesel Down! Fueling Problems!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Science is your friend. Measuring known conditions is also the only way to go. Put an in-cab fuel pressure gauge on the line between the IP and the filter header, and I'd be willing to bet you will see your problem as the needle drops to zero. At higher fuel load the IP will attempt to deliver fuel to the cylinders at a rate greater than the fuel can be taken in when there is insufficient delivery. It will basically empty out the supply line just like if you disconnected it.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Science is your friend. Measuring known conditions is also the only way to go. Put an in-cab fuel pressure gauge on the line between the IP and the filter header, and I'd be willing to bet you will see your problem as the needle drops to zero. At higher fuel load the IP will attempt to deliver fuel to the cylinders at a rate greater than the fuel can be taken in when there is insufficient delivery. It will basically empty out the supply line just like if you disconnected it.

Thanks for the reply Mel, embarrassing enough as it is I found the problem. This whole time I was going about this issue wrong by thinking that it was a fuel problem when it was actually an air problem, engine was sucking the intake completely shut past 2k rpms or under any kind of load, easy fix and the truck is running great, now I just need to find a way to get the destroyed belt tensioner off that the PO stripped...