Diablo sport tuner problems?

o5Superduty

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had or know anyone thats had any problems running the diablo sport tuner? I use it on my 05 superduty and havent seen any problems, but just curious if there might be any with using this tuner.

tgatch

Reaction score
Many people have had problems with headgaskets failing with the predator. Of course is seems like most tuned 6.0's will have headgasket failure, it just seems that the predator is quicker about popping them.

o5Superduty

Reaction score
head gasket popping? how much boost do u have to be pushing to do that? i drive my 6.0 like a grandma and im running the economy tune. Anyone have any advice if i dont beat on my truck or push more power in my honest opinion my truck should be fine... right? lol

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
head gasket popping? how much boost do u have to be pushing to do that? i drive my 6.0 like a grandma and im running the economy tune. Anyone have any advice if i dont beat on my truck or push more power in my honest opinion my truck should be fine... right? lol

Boost isn't what causes head gaskets to fail. Even boost pressures to 100 PSI would be nothing for about any engine. Heck cylinder leak down testing is performed at 100 PSI and a compression test will show pressures much higher than that on a diesel. A good 12 HP Briggs and Stratton flathead lawnmower engine will do 80 PSI on a compression check.

It's the cylinder pressures created by the combustion gasses that create the problem and that's a combination of things like injection timing, the quantity of air and fuel crammed into the cylinder, cetane rating and self ignition temperature of the fuel, compression ratio etc.......

tgatch

Reaction score
It's actually more Headbolts stretching then headgaskets letting go. That's why many of us 6.0 owners, myself included, have ARP head studs.

Mine actually gave up when the truck was stock and towing 13,000+lbs of 5th wheel RV up over an 8 mile long 6% grade

o5Superduty

Reaction score
:dunno

So what can i do to make my truck last longer? I dont mind going back to the stock setting.. but i love the extra power... and it seems to get better mpg. I dunno how much it would cost to have my studs replaced or whatever. Anyone have any advice maybe how i can make the 6.0 last longer? my driving style is "grandma" and i keep up with the maintance like crazy.. but i love my new tune setting.. what to do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance