dead batteries??

4xMike

vehicle abuser
Reaction score
I have a 2004 f-250. I just replaced the oe batteries with optima red tops. My truck is just over three years old with 54,000 miles in it. My truck will sparatically have dead batteries in the morning. the new batts are about 2 months old. I have had the charging system tested 3 times I have had the batteries tested 3 times and always tested seperated from each other.I have tested to see if there is a draw when the truck is off. nothing but what would be drawn for the memory stuff. I have been disconnecting the batteries at night to see if one is lossing power and dragging the other one down. nothing. I never know when it'll happen, it could be two days, could be two weeks. Once I jump it after dead it'll run all day no problems. If anyone has ideas I would appreciate the help.
:***:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there any add ons or non-stock items in the trucks electical system?

4xMike

vehicle abuser
Reaction score
Have a factory remote start alarm which is actually made by Code, Otherwise it's all stock. the alarm has been on since new.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are actualy having a very similar discussion over at our sister site concerning batts and more specifically the guy that started the thread has had issues with yellow tops.

Batteries at SDD.

o5Superduty

Reaction score
i Had both my factory batteries replaced with the OEM batteries while i was deployed my dad was watching the truck and he paid for them. I'd sure like to know how they seem to go bad so often.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online