dana 60 swap

matt-jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe you have to get the front drive shaft shortened about 2 inches as well, and you need the track bar from the D60.

Somebody with more experience can chime in but I believe both of those are also needed to complete the swap

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when I did the D60 swap on my '87, the truck already had a D50. the holes for the track bar mount was already there too. the output yoke on the transfer case does need to be changed out to accept the D60 driveshaft and it is critical to have the driveshaft in the installation. everything else is a bolt-in from a d44/d50 to a d60 conversion. even the calipers are interchangable from d50 to d60 if you are staying within the generations. slide out the retainers, hang the claipers, and do the swap. reinstall calipers.

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when I did the D60 swap on my '87, the truck already had a D50. the holes for the track bar mount was already there too. the output yoke on the transfer case does need to be changed out to accept the D60 driveshaft and it is critical to have the driveshaft in the installation. everything else is a bolt-in from a d44/d50 to a d60 conversion. even the calipers are interchangable from d50 to d60 if you are staying within the generations. slide out the retainers, hang the claipers, and do the swap. reinstall calipers.

i didnt know the driveshaft was required

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
i didnt know the driveshaft was required

Not "required" but you will notice a vibration if you retain your f250 drive shaft. The F350 drive shaft is on a harder angle than a F250 front drive shaft. There are 2 reasons. 1, the d60 pinion sticks out further than the D50. 2, the d60 axle also sits lower than the D50 axle(f350s sit about 2" higher than a F250).

SO a f350 drive shaft has a Double cardian joint to help with the steeper driveline angle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryB

Members online