Dana 60 lock out hubs

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this was covered in a different post but I cant find it.

I am changing the automatic locking front hubs on my 1993 f350 to a set of warn manual locking hubs I took out of my old 1988 f250. I thought I read I had to change the lock nuts but they all look the same is there something I am missing?

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both trucks have 1 nut with a stud on it then a lock washer with holes and a flat nut to lock them together.

I just finished putting them in today and it worked just wanted to know for sure.

The only thing that was different i seen was the F250 with the ttb axle had a grove at the end of the axle shaft for a snap ring and the F350 with the straight axle there is no grove for the snap ring.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since we are on this topic, I am wondering if I can use my D60 manual hubs on my D50 hub?

RyanDamo

1 IDI 2 Strokes
Reaction score
if anyone needs the conversion kit for the hubs let me know i ordered one when i did it a few years ago and ended up not needing it.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Both trucks have 1 nut with a stud on it then a lock washer with holes and a flat nut to lock them together.

I just finished putting them in today and it worked just wanted to know for sure.

The only thing that was different i seen was the F250 with the ttb axle had a grove at the end of the axle shaft for a snap ring and the F350 with the straight axle there is no grove for the snap ring.

Yes. the setup you described is for the manual locking hubs.

Since we are on this topic, I am wondering if I can use my D60 manual hubs on my D50 hub?

Yes, they are even the same part numbers