Custom Rod & Piston Set

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have a few pictures of my custom tod and piston set if anybody wants to view them I'll be posting them here. I may be able to supply a "set" for some of the guys. Mell, you have first choice then Old mr bill gets the next set. After that its anybodys choice. Please enjoy guys....:D

Attachments

• DSC00027.JPG
    DSC00027.JPG
    533 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00028.JPG
    DSC00028.JPG
    542.6 KB · Views: 16

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gee I'm honored. LOL I think this "award" should go to someone more deserving than I. Lets say, anybody who had to do serious engine work on vacation. :D

pafixitman

Reaction score
Lets say, anybody who had to do serious engine work on vacation. :D

:confused: :confused:
:backoff :rotflmao

I'm planning on mounting the rocker cover, push rod and piston on a board and making some sort of big a$$ wall display so I will never forget the vacation of '06!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sort of like the White Marlin in our dinning room eh? LOL

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Jim, I have looked at the rod and piston top and the best I can figure is something large went thru the intake by the large dents in the piston. It did run after the piston damage and really didn't stop or lock up when the rod let go. It stayed on the crank and maintained oil pressure. Zig has a motor that sent a rod thru the block that was still running well enough to drive it up on the trailer and then off and to a parking area. I bought this motor on Ebay for $77.50. The owner said the reason he pulled the motor was it had "high miles on it"..... It sure did. I got a complete motor less the injectors and starter. Otherwise I would have turned the motor over just to see if it would turn. I knew it was going to be sleeved and that the cylinders were wet because it was sitting in his yard not covered. The rod made a small cut in the pan and really didn't hurt anything else but 2 oil cooling jets. That block is in my truck now running fine with my ported heads. I have almost 2,000 miles on it so the rings are still seating in. Its just too bad the p.o. had to lie to me about the motor. I know where he lives and just maybe I'll go and "visit" with him. You know, show him the motor running and all is fine as frogs hair... I really feel I got a better deal than this cheat knows. I have an extra injection pump and lines. A particial set of rods. What looks like a good set of heads and some other small items plus I still have my original motor sitting on the stand waiting for a wrench to be applied to it.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Gary,
I just paid $35 for a set of lines and clamps on eBay. (spares!) I would not be too bitter about your deal. I would, however, drive by his place and tell him you changed the oil, painted the motor, hit it w/ starting fluid and it fired right up!:eek: :rotflmao

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Joe... Now thats just plain B.A.D.;p I couldn't treat an evil bay cheat like that.:rolleyes: Yes, I'm really happy with all the parts I got its just the telling of a lie thats bothers me some. Gee, I could sell the heads as they are and make more than I paid for the whole motor. I'm sure this guy has already left for Mexico. He told me that he lives "down there" part of the time. All and all it was his loss and my find for sure.....LOL

zx2

Reaction score
I have a few pictures of my custom tod and piston set if anybody wants to view them I'll be posting them here. I may be able to supply a "set" for some of the guys. Mell, you have first choice then Old mr bill gets the next set. After that its anybodys choice. Please enjoy guys....:D
Nice set of custom cup holders.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online