Crumbling glow connector ends

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wire end connection wasn't the problem the bullet end would just work loose. They stayed on mostly but were basically just held there by gravity. The ends on the 6.0 harness require substantial force to remove from the glow plugs.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
The bullet connectors are junk

I've had them on my truck since the day I got it and got it running, I'd beg to differ....

The link I posted has pics of both I removed them because they always came loose no matter how I crimped them

You were using cheapos, weren't ya?
There's a big difference between the generic ones and a quality connector, I grabbed 8 hyperion bullet connectors (google it) out of my electrical junk when I did mine, there's a reason a good one's rated at 40/80 amps and the cheap ones are rated at 20

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• 20160328_131900_resized.jpg
    20160328_131900_resized.jpg
    477.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20160328_131630_resized.jpg
    20160328_131630_resized.jpg
    427.8 KB · Views: 10

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Have you guys tried the 6.0l harness for comparison? To see how much tighter it fits?

Shawn these guys are old school on this site. Don't take it personal, they want to get the truck up and running the right way and on the cheap, and they are great at what they do. I don't trust any other site for info on the IDI like I do this one.

Last edited:

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So just to add another perspective on this (really not trying to stir the pot) I have noticed with my 6.0 harness that it tends to work loose too. Now here is the BIG CAVEAT. I have been wallering it all over the place working around it etc. I have tried tightening up the connectors and that does work but it doesn't take much to work them loose again. The one thing about that harness I don't like is that it is not really designed to free float the way our GPs force it to do. It's supposed drop in a hole to support it (I'm assuming based on the fact there is a boot with an oring). I think once I do the final button up it will be absolutely fine but if you start having any weirdness in your GP behavior, I would check and make sure they are still in fact tight. It may be that I just got a cheap one. I don't know. Like I said, I'm going to run it and I think it will be dandy in the end.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online