Cruise Control Surge

Mike_42

Kid Mechanic
Reaction score
well just replaced the brake sensoe for cruise control and got the cruise working again. I recently cleaned out rear diff and tone ring and put in new vss as well. The cruise has always surged, it did it before it stopped working and still does. Speedo needle doesnt move at all. What could cause this surge? Cruising 70 I just feel it pull and drop off and pull and drop off, constantly. I'll soon be having 10-14h trips often and want to get it working.

Thanks

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well just replaced the brake sensoe for cruise control and got the cruise working again. I recently cleaned out rear diff and tone ring and put in new vss as well. The cruise has always surged, it did it before it stopped working and still does. Speedo needle doesnt move at all. What could cause this surge? Cruising 70 I just feel it pull and drop off and pull and drop off, constantly. I'll soon be having 10-14h trips often and want to get it working.

Thanks
That's good to hear yours works at all. As for the surge I don't have an answer. Sorry.

I do have a question I hope you'd be willing to answer. Where in the wiring harness does the switch plug into? I've got cruise but someone has swapped out my master for the non-switch type and the switch was gone. I got a new switch and will either replace the master or add a port in the brake line for it but cannot find a connector for the switch on my wiring harness.

Mike_42

Kid Mechanic
Reaction score
That's good to hear yours works at all. As for the surge I don't have an answer. Sorry.

I do have a question I hope you'd be willing to answer. Where in the wiring harness does the switch plug into? I've got cruise but someone has swapped out my master for the non-switch type and the switch was gone. I got a new switch and will either replace the master or add a port in the brake line for it but cannot find a connector for the switch on my wiring harness.
This is where mine was under driver side exhaust manifold. I was a little stumped at first as well, the connector looks too big, but it fits just right.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is where mine was under driver side exhaust manifold. I was a little stumped at first as well, the connector looks too big, but it fits just right.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the picture. Now I'll have to check under there.

Who knew? Everything I've come across referred to the master cylinder.

gandalf

Reaction score
I have a diagnostic for the cruise control. Actually I have two, one for the older vacuum systems and one for the newer electric systems.
They're designed more for non-functioning systems, but might show a problem on your system

If you'd like a copy send me a PM with your email address. It's too large to paste into the forum.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online