Cross Country Update

DeeseSR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in Santa Rosa New Mexico. I found a ford dealer in Tenn that had the bushings I needed to repair the clutch linkage. They charged me 9 buks for all 4 of them. So I really can't complain about that. A new question though. I'll be running along at about 70 miles an hour and slowly loose power until I can barely keep 55. It'll stay this way for a few miles and then all of a sudden it feels like the motor comes alive and takes off. I have to back my foot out of to almost idle to keep it from doing 80 and over reving the motor. Any ideas. And where is the screw that everyone is talking about adjusting for more power. Thanks for all the help.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you pack an extra feul filter? If you did, change it for S&G.....fill the new one with as much fresh diesel you can before spinning it on. If that does't cure it, you may have a air leak problem in your system somewhere.
BTW.....rebuilding the clutch pedal assy is not something you want to do in a hotel parking lot. If this is the first time the bracket is coming out, there are some hours involved.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It'll stay this way for a few miles and then all of a sudden it feels like the motor comes alive and takes off.

Sounds like a typical timing change due to fuel starvation. Your lucky it didn't quit on you after that. You've definitely got a fuel delivery or air intrusion problem somewhere. Keep your tanks full.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Some one have bought the bushing for the clutch pedal assembly but not plastic.I remember someone said metallic ones. Please post where to get them so I'll have the link for future use. Thank you.

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Give me a holler once you get to California, I live on Pendleton, not sure where you are going to? 29 Palms, Pendleton, Miramar? Anyhow I can help you out with most knucklehead IDI stuff if you need help. 949-374-3490 Scotty

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online