Crew Cab 6.9 Rebuild Update with Photos...

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heath I wish I knew about the ZF swap stuff about a month ago, i just did a complete rebuild of my C6. Engine is looking good, I cant wait to build up a 7.3L for my truck. Keep up the good work.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys for the kind comments. I'm really trying to keep my expectations in check this time...... Hopeing to avoid the disappointment I had this spring/summer. I put a lot of work into it only to wind up here again this fall/winter.

The cam should be on Russ's door Monday. Once I get the cam, I can start putting it all back together again.

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I certainly hope so Rob. I'm really trying to get the 6.9 in great shape so it can go for another 325K.;Sweet

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of updates and info. But, I've had the flu, then got very busy at work. Now my partner left for Texas for a family illness and I'm the only game in town until after the new year. That means I can't leave the county until he gets back. I had to work 80 hours straight for the 1st part of this week....... last night was the 1st time I've been home since Sunday morning.

I said all that to say that I've gotten nothing done at all on the 6.9. NOTHING! I had plans to muzzle loader hunt this past weekend and start putting the engine back together, but with my partner having to unexpected leave last Friday, I've been stuck working and no 6.9 progress for the rest of 2011.:mad:

By the way Russ, the cam looks great. Can't wait to get it in the block...... but, I'm going to have to wait for a while.:puke:

Sorry guys.

Heath

Last edited:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got word from the Moose Man that my Moose injectors are being born for the 6.9. I really need some time away from work so I can send him my old DPS IP to become a Moose Pump!:hail

After the new year, I hope I can get this silly 6.9 back into an engine instead of a giant pile of parts. Then I'll order up a Rodney Red to keep it from boiling over during the many planned camping trips this coming spring, summer, and fall.

Heath

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Look at it this way, with your partner gone, that's more $$$ from the stirups to spend on your truck ;Really

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stork been busy lately???????

VERY BUSY! Plus, one of the 8 delivered before Wednesday afternoon was very, very sick (HELLP syndrome) and just dropped in to the ER with ZERO prenatal care. Put it this way, I emptied the Western KY Red Cross's reserve of platlets and B+ blood keeping her out of the morgue.:eek:

****** girls relatives found the good doctor.;Really
Tell me about it. Seems everyone knows or is related to everyone else. Labor and Delivery is like a big backyard BBQ most of the time with everyone going from room to room and "hanging out" together.:D

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel