cranks a lot before starting

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I have actually found that the more advanced in timing i go the harder it gets to start, were its timed now it cranks pretty decent outside with no glow, but were it was set before i had to leave the advance unhooked for it to crank when the engine was cold

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
I have actually found that the more advanced in timing i go the harder it gets to start, were its timed now it cranks pretty decent outside with no glow, but were it was set before i had to leave the advance unhooked for it to crank when the engine was cold

mine wont hardly start in 90 degree weather without gp's an i think its because my timing is retarded too much

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
mine wont hardly start in 90 degree weather without gp's an i think its because my timing is retarded too much

that or your motor is just worn out, but i mean most idis wont crank without glows when they been setting for a few hours, just cause its 90 out side dont mean its 90 inside the engine;Really

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
that or your motor is just worn out, but i mean most idis wont crank without glows when they been setting for a few hours, just cause its 90 out side dont mean its 90 inside the engine;Really

after the motor is warmed up one time it will crank easy the rest of the day without gp's

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
after the motor is warmed up one time it will crank easy the rest of the day without gp's

thats how they all are, mine has to be cranked a bit in the morning to get her going, but after that it turns over 1 turn befpre it fires the rest of the day

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
thats how they all are, mine has to be cranked a bit in the morning to get her going, but after that it turns over 1 turn befpre it fires the rest of the day

well guess mine is normal then. the reason i say mine is retaded is that lately in this 95+ degree weather with one full cycle of gp's its still spits and hits a few times before it actually starts??

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
I let it cycle the glowplugs then id say it takes 15 seconds before it will fire up. Once it fires up the first time I can shut it off and it will fire right back up. I want to try to get to the cheaper parts first that could be the problem. Would the Pick up pump cause this?

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine needs glowplugs to start no matter, unless it was good and warm and started right after. The compression test will let us know how unhealthy the motor is and i have a bad feelin -cuss

but it always starts with glowplugs :)

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I let it cycle the glowplugs then id say it takes 15 seconds before it will fire up. Once it fires up the first time I can shut it off and it will fire right back up. I want to try to get to the cheaper parts first that could be the problem. Would the Pick up pump cause this?

Test all your glow plugs, when cranking does it smoke while cranking?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online