couple questions

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
1 I have an old edge evolution on the race setting and if I keep it floored thru at least one gear change the cel comes on but goes out after just a bit of normal driving and when I get a chance to read the codes their is none:dunno So what is likely to be setting the cel but not leaving a hard code?

2 I have had some compressor surge when letting off after getting on it so whats the consensus on A.changing the compressor wheel B.doing it with the turbo on the truck. C.How many have done it

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
1 I have an old edge evolution on the race setting and if I keep it floored thru at least one gear change the cel comes on but goes out after just a bit of normal driving and when I get a chance to read the codes their is none:dunno So what is likely to be setting the cel but not leaving a hard code?

Aric, just how "old" is the system?
Sounds like an overboost/defuel default setting....judging by your description of "old"....

2 I have had some compressor surge when letting off after getting on it so whats the consensus on A.changing the compressor wheel B.doing it with the turbo on the truck. C.How many have done it

Not sure if I would do it on the truck..... how many miles and how many leaks? Is the EBPV still on?...The turbo could most likely need a re-build {seals/center support bushing}.......

My couple pennies say remove it :D

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
My bad its on the 03 the edge is the first gen model I got a couple years ago I just put it on to see how it runs and if the mileage changes any as I'm planing on buying the newest evo that mounts right in the truck. I've heard that the newer programers will compensate for the over boost cel anyone know?

As far as I can tell the turbo is pretty clean and no leaks that I can find everythings pretty dry definately no dripers. I have 88K on it and the ebpv is still intact

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
still not shure on the CEL, but If it going out Id bet overboost, A icp light will not go out.
newer prgrams will eliminate that.
if ya contact edge ya may be able to send that one in and get it reprogrammed

as for the compressor surge the best fix is the ats housing, did it on my 00 and never had a problem again.
but the next a cheaper is the wacky wheel
never installed one, ive heard tells of doing them both ways.

if it was me Id pull the trubo, not ******* a SD comapared to to an obs.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Thanks Nick don't know about the cel either but it runs fine and always goes out with in just a little bit of normal driving.

Is there a write up some where about removing a superduty turbo?

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Ok Thanks Nick

Also am I correct that I have the pm rods and the safe limit is to keep it under 400 hp now is that at the wheels or flywheel? If its at the flywheel pretty much exhaust intake and programmer is about all you would want to do right?

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
it takes a little to see 400 at the flywheel or wheels for that matter. bets Ive muntsered is 350 at the wheels, seend some a little higher than that. but unless ya go with lots more stuff ya wont see it with a programmer.
not shure of the limits of the rods, but I know they do not like detonation and a lot of timing, so ya gotta watch the programs and chips as most all are using extreme timing to gain hp and fuel mileage mileage.
and messing with propane or nos is even worse.
my 03 is the first pm od motor Ive had, that is why it is still stock, not even a 10k,(10 adds timing) had an old quadzilla box, had it on the 00 for a while, but it to add timing.

the dowside to less timing is lower hp, more tq and slightly higher egts.
but Id rather sacrifce some hp to keep the rods in the block.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online