Correct Alternate Fuel Tank Selector Valve (FTSV) Part Number ??

wallbrad

i be a injuneer....
Reaction score
Time to replace my fuel tank selector valve (FTSV) ......

Need a little expert help here to try to:

1) figure out the correct OEM vs Aftermarket part number(s)

and

2) hear people's experiences with the reliability of the various manufacturers

I think I have figured out a relatively cheap alternative part number on Amazon that is half the price of Autozone and seems to be the same alternate part number as the Autozone part (if that was the right one to begin with...). Both of these seem to be the same Pollack valve under a different name, if I've got this right.
If I understand this right, Pollack is the OEM of this part?

Little help, anyone, sorting this out?
-Brad

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Some reason I'm thinking you have to change the plug. As it's not exactly same as the factory one.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pollack is the original manufacturer, but like everything else they custom made valves for Ford with different fittings and such. The ones at Autozone are a universal type valve, same basic design, but not a bolt and go. They say you need to remount the valve and you might have to do a little wiring to make it all work. I have never used one, buy I have heard if you get the hoses adapted over and then try to mount the valve like Ford did, the hoses end up getting kinked.

If you go in with the mindset of having to change some stuff around, I would consider it minor modifications worth saving a penny. I think you can still get the correct valve from Ford if you want to spend the money.

Last edited:

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one from AZone has the barb fittings and could possibly be mounted horizontal instead of vertical. The cost in CT is more than in Ohio per your post. The Azone comes with the pigtail and switch, switch is not needed, but pigtail is needed, the connector has been changed.

Pollack is the only maker of this valve. Ford dealer price is $260. The one on Amazon is the same as Azone. It's up to you if you want to adapt it or not. I did on my motorhome, and it works just fine.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...8ve9x?itemIdentifier=518461&_requestid=342385

I can buy the Azone and sell it to you for $100 shipped and still make $10. :D

If yours is mounted vertical, you can mount Azone or Amazon vertical also, just need a couple of pieces of 1/2" pipe and longer bolts to extend out past the frame. Buy a 6" nipple and cut it in half.

Last edited: