Coolant Leak from GP controller

Black dawg

Reaction score
Well update guys. Got back to the truck after work and managed to break off the GP controller in the head while attempting removal. My experience with easy outs and this soft bi-metal mentioned that the controller is made out of tells me this is going to be a major PIA fix. Planning on plugging with a pipe plug once the rest of GP controller is removed. Easy out just gonna cut right through the soft material. I swear if some of the controller body had stayed I would just JB weld over the top of it with high temp and move on since it would still be removable if needed to be one day. :smoke:

Gotta get this pig back on the road though whatever I choose to do. Boss wants me to pull the gooseneck out to the ranch tomorrow. -cuss

Right meow that ain't happenin.

This was the first thing I ever fixed on an idi, luckily it was a van. Same deal, started leaking coolant and just broke off when I tried to remove it. It was 25 years ago, but I remember drilling a big hole down through the center of it, then cutting/breaking the pieces that were left.