coolant filter

racin460

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If not running a bypass style setup I would recommend using the heater line that feeds the heater core not the return line from the heater core. that way if the filter does clog you are not over pressuring the heater core.

SkipBurney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at amazon and couldnt find the base, I didnt look for the filter because I saw no use in ordering from two different places, thanks for all the info again, I am ready to get this truck back on the road and see how well the turbo woke it up, but I told myself when I parked it that I would do everything I had been putting off while it was apart

I just goy mine from NAPA last eek for 35 bucks the exact same setup

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If not running a bypass style setup I would recommend using the heater line that feeds the heater core not the return line from the heater core. that way if the filter does clog you are not over pressuring the heater core.
No such thing.a water pump does not make pressure.it sucks the coolant around the cooling system.it does not push it

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I called my local napa and it was going to be 70-80 dollars for a 4070 filter and the 4019 filter head so I ordered from fleet filter, around 40 dollars after shipping

SkipBurney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No such thing.a water pump does not make pressure.it sucks the coolant around the cooling system.it does not push it

Which way does the water flow through the system? Does it flow FROM the water pump through the heater core and then to the engine or the other way round?

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which way does the water flow through the system? Does it flow FROM the water pump through the heater core and then to the engine or the other way round?

from the block,to the heater core,returns to water pump.;Sweet

SkipBurney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks a million I have everything made up so I am going to install the filter inline from the heater core to the water pump