Compression tester

fireman624

Reaction score
I have seen a few posts here about the compression tester from Harbor Freight. Got mine, but the adapter for 6.9L glow plug wont fit. It appears to be to large in diameter on the end. The threads are the same but the body of the adapter is about the same size all the way down to the shrader valve in the end.No reduction in size where the actual heating part would be on the glow plug.Any ideas?Anyone else run into this problem? ;Really

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the adapter threads in enough to seal the combustion chamber, I don't think it's really a problem. I don't remember how the one I used was set up, but I don't recall having an issue like that...

fireman624

Reaction score
The adapter wont go in far enough to start any of the threads.Actually it probably lacks about a sixteenth or so to the threads.Hoping I dont have some kind of carbon build up problem, but then again the glow plugs came out real easy.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
You may want to check for the right adapter, unless you only tried it in only one GP hole.

fireman624

Reaction score
Tried several holes, it just wont go in. None of the other adapters have the correct thread.If I remember right its the number 17 adapter in this kit.

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
Good ole Harbor Freight, most of their tools don't last long, or don't do as advertised. Ya might just hafta order the "right stuff" from here. This is part # for the gp hole adapter. glow plug adapter from www.starhoffman.com. The adapter was $32.03 + $12.18 shipping. Adapter part #TU-15-22A . The adapter should fit the quick release on the Harbor Freight Tester. This adapter is nice cuz it has a flexible 6" piece of hose between the gp hole end and quick release to make getting around the fuel lines real easy without having to remove or bend a steel line. OkieGringo

fireman624

Reaction score
Thank's ******. I'll give that a shot in a few day's. May try an old glow plug adaptation when I go in to work tommorow.If i can make something work.Probably have a dozen old glows laying arond.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online