Come on over

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I decided to damn the demons and work till i cant hold my eyes open. Pulling a good engine, pulling the possible broken crank, and putting the black pearl back together. Tonight i hope.

If anyone is crazy enough to be awake, gimme a call and ill give you directions!

Crazy i know,
punk

407-403-4221

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
Dammit man! I would have swung by. I was out last night too. Not sure how much help I would have been as I was full of natures nectar: BEER !! Yummy. Looks like we went to bed at roughly the same time.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I was drinking pepsi, cherry pepsi, rockstar, and guiness. That and chain smoking. I was a ragged mess when I came in, 2 hours later got up to help a buddy move some stuff. Now Im gonna take a nap and see what I can get done today/tonight.

Offer stands for anyone willing to stay up till 1 or 2 am, I'll be in the garage.

punk

wanabebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man if you were a lot.. and i mean not halfway across the states i'd love to jump in and help ya, i always end up working on stuff at the night hours and not during the day for some reason.

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
It does my heart good to see such dedication. Among my IDI friends (all 2 of them) I'm the only one that actually works on their own truck, and I can't get help outta them to save my life at any hour of the day (night)! I'll be pulling an all-nighter all by my lonesome down here in Mobile, but hey, if anyone wants to make the trek...

My New Hope though: one of them just sold his '91 to his little brother, a much younger and redneck-ish type who I hope to turn into a true wrenchin' buddy...too bad he's across the bay. :(
I need more gearhead friends.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
It does my heart good to see such dedication. Among my IDI friends (all 2 of them) I'm the only one that actually works on their own truck, and I can't get help outta them to save my life at any hour of the day (night)! I'll be pulling an all-nighter all by my lonesome down here in Mobile, but hey, if anyone wants to make the trek...

My New Hope though: one of them just sold his '91 to his little brother, a much younger and redneck-ish type who I hope to turn into a true wrenchin' buddy...too bad he's across the bay. :(

thats usually my story with my zuks...

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
If I wasnt on the wrong side of the country id be on it. Nothing like a marathon engine changing/building party. Thats one of the things I love about the company I work for, when something big goes down on a big job we get whatever we want til its runnin again;Sweet
Ken

Exekiel69

Reaction score

I feel Your pain, I have nobody close enough to be My wrenching buddy.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I wish. I slept till 2pm then got up and got the parts/donor truck moved into position to be loaded on a trailer, got it sold, loaded and removed the rearend for other uses. Im now at my inlaws for dinner, This is my unwind relax part of the week. My inlaws are awsome and I get to clean up and relax for a few hours every sunday night.

Couple hours and I will be back in the garage removing the engine in the black pearl I put in two weeks ago. I think the crank is broken. The harmonic balancer moves on a concentric instead of a circle, and there are some really bad noises coming out of it when running. Looking forward to inspecting that one.

punk

I hear you all on the wrecking buddies. I have always had a good friend around that would stay up all night goofing and wrenching with me. Makes it easier to keep a level head and get the job done. Now that I live out here they are all back east and I am winging it solo. My fiance helps more than she should and I dont praise her enough for it, but a 140 lb fiery female just isnt my bloody knuckled buddies.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will learn how not to bloody those knuckles after a few years.

Almost got the head machine running.;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet

I just realized how that sounds.. For those that dont know, I have a seat and guide machine in the garage.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Almost got the head machine running.;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet

it's off to the races.........:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

justin-
your situation on the lack of help makes me appreciate the guys who hang out at my place.;Sweet I have a a helluva bunch of guys who will help out with one phone call. It works in return tho. All of them have called me at a godawful hour for towing their vehicles too.;Sweet

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I just call you at gawd awful hours to talk. LOL. I wouldnt bother you as much if I could learn to sleep like normal people.

I dont want anyone to take me the wrong way. I have a GREAT group of people in the near, or close enough area and I know that if I got really stuck I would have a few people ready to help. I really do appreciate the group I have come to know here on the west coast.

I do miss having a roommate that was half as crazy (and has insomnia and adhd like me). I decide "huh I cant get my brain to shut off and go to sleep" and then "I will go and work on projects in the garage"

punk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online