***-COM

spencergt66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have or use a ***-com for these cars? I ordered one off ebay wasnt sure what all you could do with it?

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Ive got one. The units pretty neat and actually needed to change the timing belt or adjust the timing. Just make sure that you know what your doing, there are a lot of things that can be changed that cant be changed back. From what I understand you can lower the top speed but not raise it back up.

Zrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iv seen way to many troubles with the ebay knock offs. I ordered mine straight from *** com. Works great and from what i have been told the original has a few more features. No you cannot program keys with it. VW has a diffrent program for that and only VW tech have access. Their is a way to program a new key as long as you have the original just cant remember how it was done.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We ordered ours directly from vagcom aswell. Ill have to ask my dad how he did his key. I cant remember exactly how the steps go but I think you have to have the old key in the ignition on position while pressing one of the buttons on the other key, but let me get back to ya.

Zrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's how you program the fob. To program the actuall key code you dtill neeed a vw tech

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh? well i got one from china so you know its going to be quality:idiot::kick:
got news for you. when it comes to diagnostics equipment, the Launch x431 unit is one very powerful little package. One of the shops I do most of my MBZ and BMW diagnostic work with, they own the factory diagnostic computers for both makes at $25k a piece. Sitting next to the two high dollar units is the Launch x431. It is used just as often as the big boys.
free your mind from the bias of country of origin labels, you'd be suprised what you might find.
http://www.x431.com/
they don't know how to market the damn thing though, I got mime years ago for less than $1500. Now the pricing is about up there with most of the diagnostic machines. They do seem to be most popular of the aftermarket units outside of the Snap-on line.

Zrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got news for you. when it comes to diagnostics equipment, the Launch x431 unit is one very powerful little package. One of the shops I do most of my MBZ and BMW diagnostic work with, they own the factory diagnostic computers for both makes at $25k a piece. Sitting next to the two high dollar units is the Launch x431. It is used just as often as the big boys.
free your mind from the bias of country of origin labels, you'd be suprised what you might find.
http://www.x431.com/
they don't know how to market the damn thing though, I got mime years ago for less than $1500. Now the pricing is about up there with most of the diagnostic machines. They do seem to be most popular of the aftermarket units outside of the Snap-on line.

nice pc of equipment but a little pricey for the back yard tech... hehe

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it can be had for much less.
diagnostics equipment is not a new thing over there. especially VW's. they were the first foreign make to sell in China since 1980. As a result, they are all over the place and that diagnostic unit leans heavily towards the VW/Audi/Skoda/Seat family.

spencergt66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O i forgot to mention when i got the Chinese POS i got from ebay the software was filled with viruses and the seller told me to just turn your spyware/ virus scanner and it should be fine I told him to go F&$@ himself and give me my money back:kick::kick: and figures still no word from him o well it was like 35 bucks:bail:bail

Rollin Coal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go to www.vwvortex.com and there is a *** com forum. I DL'ed the bootleg version and it works fine. All it's really good for is clearing CELs I found. If you get the real software you can do things like program your key fob to do your windows when locking and stuff like that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828