Cold Advance Question

eldomike

Reaction score
That's what I thought but it makes no difference in sound at all...could that mean the pump has a problem?

Last edited:

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought but it make no difference in sound at all...could that mean the pump has a problem?
That is what IDOIT was talking about in the beginning of this thread. He uses it to help time his engine.
If your engine timing is too advanced, you get the powerstroke rattle all the time, the timing advance function will not make any difference.

If your engine timing is just right, you will get the powerstroke rattle only when you put 12v to the advance wire.

If your timing is too retarded, you will never get the powerstroke rattle, with the wire on or off.

Black dawg

Reaction score
That's what I thought but it makes no difference in sound at all...could that mean the pump has a problem?
With the engine off, put power to that terminal, with your hand on the pump. Should feel a soft click if the sol. Is working. No matter where ting is set, it should sound different with the cold advance turned on.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Mine will energize the hi idle switch when touched but have to give a bit of throttle to raise actual RPM while energized.
That's how they're supposed to work. Kind of like setting the automatic choke on an old engine with a carb.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online