coked up injectors and glow plugs- will this trick work?

mcbg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CGoodwin on the frybrid forum said to smash a gp with a hammer(to flatted it) and screw it back in, the start the engine with the gp removed- the carbon will blow out the gp opening.

I am wondering if I could use this trick to clean out my pre-cup because my injector were covered with carbon. not sure what would clean out the inj opening(tool)

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mel will be along shortly with his experience. He has coaking in the prechambers of the Moostang with waste motor oil. IIRC, he used an ice pick to break it up. I'm not sure I'd try the glow plug trick, as I agree, it may result in a lost tip.

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I understand the idea of flattening the glow plug tip, but it will not work. Any distortion of the tip will result in it either not passing through the hole, or not coming out of the hole. :eek: I just used an appropriately sized flat blade screw driver. I'd suggest taking the injector out too, and blowing compressed air through as you perform the proceedure in an attempt to limit the crap that will fall in the cylinder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US