Code P2285 Reading on Truck???

GrizzlyLARBB50

Reaction score
Got a 2003 6.0 with less than 80k miles on it, bone stock, filled up at a fuel station left and noticed the light was on and was not on before. everything I'm seeing is saying the ICP needs replaced or the wires around it, any other known problems with these trucks that is possible or any ideas that are free to check?, or tests i can do, or if it needs replaced any specific place better to get a new one or is factory ford better to use?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I've had the same code on mine. The ICP is a Ford Only part, and there is a pigtail that you can get also to help with the connection. I believe the problem comes from a slight leak in the ICP sensor and it coats the wiring and connecter with oil and shorts out the connecter. Do you have a leak from the drivers side rear of the engine?

Now for the bad news....... on the 03 and early 04 6.0 the ICP sensor is located on the top rear of the engine behind the turbo. I have heard that you can reach it from under the truck, remove a heatshield by the sensor and can R&R the sensor. The sensor if I remember correctly, was about $150 and the pigtail just a few $$$. On the late 04 and later they put the ICP back out front on the passenger side within easy reach.....