Clutches, and where to get them.

wanabebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, like the title says, i need a new clutch for my truck and I haven't found any place that says anything for the 6.9 with the t19 transmission. what would be a good one to go with and where to get it for a decent price? thanks

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I put a Luk 12" clutch in mine (stock T-19 clutch is 11")...and Luk is a pretty common diesel clutch so thats what I went with. Google it I guess...I have forgotten where I got mine

defecater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is a 93 with a 7.3, but I swapped out the wasted E4OD for the entire setup from an 85 6.9- flywheel, bellhousing and T-19. The original clutch from the 6.9 was an 11 inch, but my local Carquest was able to order the optional 12 incher. One problem I did have was that the clutch disk in the kit was the wrong one- too thick. Once I finally figured that out and got it exchanged, all is well (with that aspect of the truck anyway)

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Save a bundle and call Ft Wayne Clutch and get one of their rebuilt clutch kits lined with Kevlar, Easy on the knee and the flywheel and last a very long time pulling heavy and the price is great ;Sweet While you are at it ditch the roller pilot bearing and get a kevlar pilot bushing. It's worth the extra $30

EricW

my $h!t is stuff
Reaction score
LUK was the OEM kit in my '86, but I got a deal on a 12" Valeo at $152.xx (I've used their kits in everything from my '91 Toyota p/u to my dad's '96 powerstroke) and it seems to be doing well; doesn't chatter, no odd noises, the parts seem to be of quality materials, and they hold up to some pretty serious abuse before they give out (took my F150 out mudding, didn't use low much and by the end of the day I had slippage)...

Only been in about two weeks now, but the one in my dad's PSD has been going great for three+ years now...