Clutch

MoNos

Reaction score
I need to replace my clutch. I still have the T19 Tranny. Does anyone recommend a specific clutch and/or a place to buy it from?

Also, I'm thinking about getting the tranny rebuilt. Where can I get a Rebuild kit?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
1800 988 4345, that is the # for southbend there is a guy there called Pete he can give You good advice and the prices are good too. For a rebuild kit for You tranny You can get it on line (ebay, etc) or maybe call this guys 1800 658 2537 I got the parts to rebuild My tranny and the prices are good (not the cheapest) but the service is excellent, I wouldn't buy manual transmission parts from anyone else.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also recommend South Bend Clutch. Very nice product and helpful folks.;Sweet I have their 12 kevlar/metalic clutch.

As far as a rebuild.........I used a trusted local shop in Hopkinsville, Ky. Sorry I don't have anymore advice for ya.:dunno

Heath

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I bought a rebuilt clutch from Ft Wayne Clutch with a Kevlar lining that I just love. LOts of grab for the heavy loads without needing a lot of leg ;Sweet If it weren't for that thing, I'd need to put a slushbox in because my knees are shot. I got lucky and got mine when they had some overstock and had some on ebay and got it cheaper. Those Kevlar linings are not cheap.
Very helpful folks there as well

I have to wonder about quality control at Southbend after seeing one of the Flywheels that Pontoonrob got from them. It came with the Kevlar pilot bushing installed, but they didn't install it all the way , it was about a quarter inch +from being seated, and it was cocked sideways. When he pulled the thing out the hole was all wallowed out cattywhompus. Had that thing been left in there for too much longer, he'd have probably been replacing an input shaft bearing on the transmission, or worse.

south bend clutch

Reaction score
I bought a rebuilt clutch from Ft Wayne Clutch with a Kevlar lining that I just love. LOts of grab for the heavy loads without needing a lot of leg ;Sweet If it weren't for that thing, I'd need to put a slushbox in because my knees are shot. I got lucky and got mine when they had some overstock and had some on ebay and got it cheaper. Those Kevlar linings are not cheap.
Very helpful folks there as well

I have to wonder about quality control at Southbend after seeing one of the Flywheels that Pontoonrob got from them. It came with the Kevlar pilot bushing installed, but they didn't install it all the way , it was about a quarter inch +from being seated, and it was cocked sideways. When he pulled the thing out the hole was all wallowed out cattywhompus. Had that thing been left in there for too much longer, he'd have probably been replacing an input shaft bearing on the transmission, or worse.

Hum, You say that he receiced it that way but noticed it when they removed the transmission. He did not receive it not pressed in. When we see this problem it is usually do to one of two reasons. Transmission miss alignment or worn front bearing of the transmission. After everything is intalled and running, if the input shaft is osscilating on the transmission side, it will waller out the pilot brg. and try to walk it out of the flywheel and this sounds exactly like what you had described.

Peter

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Hum, You say that he receiced it that way but noticed it when they removed the transmission. He did not receive it not pressed in. When we see this problem it is usually do to one of two reasons. Transmission miss alignment or worn front bearing of the transmission. After everything is intalled and running, if the input shaft is osscilating on the transmission side, it will waller out the pilot brg. and try to walk it out of the flywheel and this sounds exactly like what you had described.

Peter

He'd never seen one before ( the Kevlar bushings ), when he got it, he thought it was supposed to look that way.
When the pilot bushing was removed, there were no marks on it from contact with material from the surrounding flywheel like there was on the rest of the bushing that was pressed in like you always get from an interferance fit. That's pretty much a no brainer. There were however fairly deep gouges on one side down on the area that was pressed in.
Nuff said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk