Clutch slave cylinders leaking

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys on my 93 I keep having troubles with the clutch slave cylinders leaking. I am about to put in the third one, I am getting them at Napa and they keep warrantying them for me but I am getting tires of changing them, this one only lasted about 3 weeks. Does anyone have any suggestions? I thought about getting the pre bled assembly but they dont have it in stock and i need the truck back on the road right now.

Thanks,
Dave

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where do they leak? I'd try getting one from Ford.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine was leaking at the shaft (boy that sounds kind of sickLOL ). Who knows how old it was though. I got a new master/slave/line combo for Christmas (thanks Missy). She got the master and slave from AutoZone, but the line was a Ford item.:dunno

Where do they keep leaking from? Is it always the same area? Like Mel said, if all the NAPA slaves are no good.....might pay just to call Ford and swallow the extra $$$ to get a functional slave cylinder.

Heath

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They keep cracking right where the hose goes in. I needed to get my truck back on the road ASAP since its my work truck and was just going to get another one from napa since they warranty it, but they were out of them. I called the nearest Ford dealer and they told me that they had been updated and the slave, master and hose were different from the old ones but the didnt know what was different. I went and picked up the slave and it for sure has a bigger bore but i dont know what it is. the old ones were 26mm i believe. I probably need to the new updated master and possibly hose as well. It works fine now, as my clutch is about shot and doesnt take much travel to dissengage, but when i put the new one in who knows?

CESMITH

1986F250 6.9
Reaction score
sounds like too much preasure they told me to greese the ball the throw out arm pivots on .that didnt help . I ended up bulding one outa steel , used a high preasure hose and a master cylinder that was made for racing (It is alum)with pipe threads . this has worked for 2 years on my93

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang! That's an extreme measure. On your 86 though, the big issue with them is galling of the throw out bearing. That usually causes all the upstream grief. Pull your fork and grease the TOB and pivot point every 10K.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online