Clutch Slave Cylinder HELP

IDIMAN94

Reaction score
Well this week i had to put in two different slave cylinders. On monday i was heading home, went to shift and the pedal went straight to the floor. Got off the road and found that fluid is poring from under the truck. The plastic cylinder split on the top. I got a new slave cylinder from auto zone (only place that had one in stock) and put it in. The old and new one has no bleeder, which i found odd. I got it bleed out and a great pedal. Now 178 miles on the new slave cylinder and it poped to, basically in the same area as the old one. So was the part just defective or something else wrong? I would really like to get away from the plastic housing and find a metal one if i could. Where do u guys with ZF5 get your slave cylinders from?

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I got mine from Advance Auto Parts and it's a metal housing. I don't remember the cost though....

Edit: part number 37745

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_TECHnovation-Clutch-Slave-Cylinder-Perfection-Clutch_3654885-P_236_R|GRP60006_____

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
I also got one for one of my old idi's from advanced, it was a metal housing not sure of the brand. What was your flareside?

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Are there any with a bleeder? Are the newer powerstoke slaves any better? could they be used as an alternative if they are better?

LARRY RANALLO

Reaction score
was the cluch peddle stiff, if so maybe the throughout bearing is not slidind on the shaft needs some lube? boom somethings got to blow

Last edited:

LARRY RANALLO

Reaction score
was the cluch peddle stiff, if so maybe the throughout bearing is not slidind on the shaft needs some lube? something got to blow

Last edited:

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
i went through 5 of the plastic ones. bought one metal one from advance, it was a pos and kept leaking too. it sucks since perfection is owned by marmon, yes marmon highway technologies. like the company that did the F450 4wd's.

IDIMAN94

Reaction score
I got mine from Advance Auto Parts and it's a metal housing. I don't remember the cost though....

Edit: part number 37745

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...rfection-Clutch_3654885-P_236_R|GRP60006_____

I called advance auto after the first slave blew and they didnt have one in stock but had one on order for their thursday delivery. After the second one poped i called them back and the guy pulled it off the shelf and he said it was a plastic housing, but i dont know what part number he pulled. Thanks flareside thun for the link.

IDIMAN94

Reaction score
was the cluch peddle stiff, if so maybe the throughout bearing is not slidind on the shaft needs some lube? boom somethings got to blow

My pedal has always been a little stiff. I think thoughout bearing is moving
good because i have about 6500 miles on a new flywheel, clutch, pressure plate and thoughout bearing. How often does the thoughout bearing need lubed/serviced?

boxathey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine from Auto Zone also. (only ones who had it in stock). Been running it for about two years now. It is a plastic housing with no bleeder. I had one heck of a time getting it bled properly

LARRY RANALLO

Reaction score
in 1986 truck still under warranty, my pedal got real hard to push in and i blou a 2 or 3 inch hole in the side of the bellhousing were the slave is, but ford payed for it.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You sure there isn't a allen head bleeder on those other slaves? The plastic slaves I've used all had an allen head bleeder screw near the front on top of the cylinder. They don't have a bleeder like you see on brake calipers.

I too bought an aluminium bodied master and slave for my F350 crew cab when swapping from C6 to ZF5. That slave has a traditional bleeder you see on brake calipers. So far so good with it.

Heath

IDIMAN94

Reaction score
You sure there isn't a allen head bleeder on those other slaves? The plastic slaves I've used all had an allen head bleeder screw near the front on top of the cylinder. They don't have a bleeder like you see on brake calipers.

I too bought an aluminium bodied master and slave for my F350 crew cab when swapping from C6 to ZF5. That slave has a traditional bleeder you see on brake calipers. So far so good with it.

Heath

Nope no allen head bleeder. Just a spot for the line and the hold down pin in the side. Bleeding it was a pain and u have to pump the pedal, what seems like for ever. I ended up geting a metal housing slave and master from advance auto and will be putting them on this weekend.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope no allen head bleeder. Just a spot for the line and the hold down pin in the side. Bleeding it was a pain and u have to pump the pedal, what seems like for ever. I ended up geting a metal housing slave and master from advance auto and will be putting them on this weekend.

What that cost ya as I don't get any but plastic here n would love a good ol metal one! Got part #'s