Clutch Safety Switch Bypass

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I have an 88F250 I'm working on to get into sellable shape. Apparently sometime in the truck's former life it was a standard and got converted to a C6. cookoo When they did this, they didn't do anything to bypass the clutch safety switch other than cut the plug off. -cuss So, I need to know which wires to tie together so I can permanently bypass the switch. A diagram or just the answer would be great. TIA ;Sweet

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wires are red/blue. Tie the two red/blue together.

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
There are 4 wires in the plug originally. The thicker 2 are the clutch safety, the other 2 are the cruise control. Tie the thiker wires together and tie the thinner wires together.

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
its the 2 center wires on the plug. red/green on some blue with a red stripe on others.

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
I just used a paperclip. and stuck it in each wire from the wire side into the connector. itll hold.

359 Pete

Reaction score
clutch position switch

Connect the two red/blue wires together. The factory automatics had a jumper here, same goes for the green wires. Blue/red goes to the starter solenoid, green goes to the cruise control.

Ray Hull

Reaction score
on 2006 there are 6 wires. If you jumper the middle 2 wires the truck will not start even if the switch is actuated for the clutch petal all the way down position. I assume the extra two wires are used to defeat the jumper idea for the cruise control? Anyone know how to defeat this arrangement?

use a switch to jumper the middle 2 wires after the truck is started??????????

Last edited: