Clutch pedal assembly help

Honda Hunter

Reaction score
Alright guys, I had replaced my clutch pedal assembly and clutch master cylinder, only to end up still having an issue. I know it's probably a very simple fix and I'm probably just completely overlooking it, but I need some help.

The fulcrum that attaches to the master cylinder pushrod will move with the pedal up until I completely depress it. Then it just loosens the nut on the end of it every time. :mad:
When I got the new assembly it didn't have a washer or bushing for that nut so I took the old washer from the original assembly, and with my luck, still no dice.

If anyone can offer some help with this issue, it's greatly appreciated. Like I said, it's probably something crazy simple and stupid I'm missing haha.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, I had replaced my clutch pedal assembly and clutch master cylinder, only to end up still having an issue. I know it's probably a very simple fix and I'm probably just completely overlooking it, but I need some help.

The fulcrum that attaches to the master cylinder pushrod will move with the pedal up until I completely depress it. Then it just loosens the nut on the end of it every time. :mad:
When I got the new assembly it didn't have a washer or bushing for that nut so I took the old washer from the original assembly, and with my luck, still no dice.

If anyone can offer some help with this issue, it's greatly appreciated. Like I said, it's probably something crazy simple and stupid I'm missing haha.
if you are installing a new arm onto the shaft, you literally will be cutting new splines on the arm. if the arm is still rotating, you haven't jammed it on hard enough. it's that simple. more torquage needed.:D;Sweet
as always ......lookie at the pics.
if I am not reading it right, be more descriptive. :D
my response is only as good as the information provided.

Attachments

• P1030635.JPG
    P1030635.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 9
  • P1030636.JPG
    P1030636.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 9

Honda Hunter

Reaction score
if you are installing a new arm onto the shaft, you literally will be cutting new splines on the arm. if the arm is still rotating, you haven't jammed it on hard enough. it's that simple. more torquage needed.:D;Sweet
as always ......lookie at the pics.
if I am not reading it right, be more descriptive. :D
my response is only as good as the information provided.

Thank you VERY much! I got the assembly as a whole unit as my original was totally screwed up with 218,000 miles of abuse. Because of this I didn't notice the splines (like how the pin on the fulcrum is) so that must be the issue so I can finally get this beast back on the road. I knew it was something obvious I was missing..:frustrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online