Clutch hydraulics

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well last night my master cylinder exploded and I got to drive home with no clutch.
You must be registered for see images attach

My slave cylinder has been leaking for a while now so I would like to replace the whole system.

My truck is an 83 and it has a zf5 s42. So my question to the wonderful folks of OB is, can I use hd upgraded hydraulics for obs power strokes like this https://www.southbendclutch.com/clutches/HYDX-F57.3-10227/ ? I think the slave is the same, just wasn’t sure on master cylinder and it’s linkage.

And I do lube my tob...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and I bumped an old thread with this question so I did search quite a bit before starting new. I just think nobody seen the question

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
It's the same, except the master will mount tilted a little. You could drill new holes...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the same, except the master will mount tilted a little. You could drill new holes...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Will the tilt effect bleeding? The south bend set I’ve got my eye on has a remote reservoir

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I happened to have a spare master cylinder so I put it on last night, it bled fine, I was just wondering how much the slave should travel? It seams to grab about the same place but disengages lower. I’m getting 7/16-1/2” travel right now. I’m thinking about turning the adjustable clutch rod out for a little “preload” on the master cylinder. You guys know how to tell if it’s riding the tob too much? I do still want the south bend set up but this got me out of my gasser back up truck lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance