clicking noise..

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i have this clicking noise.. its coming from front of engine.. its not a fast click.. its a consistant clicking though every few seconds.. it almost sounds like something it hitting the fan, but there is nothing hitting on the fan.. what could it be?

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine too will make a noise like your describing. Mostly when the engine is cold. It's the alternator belt flopping around on mine. Maybe yours too if your still running v-belts like me.

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like your glow plug relay. passenger side front? only when the engine is cold?

If your comment is for me, NO. I'm telling you what it is. The cold belts are loose until the engine comes up to temp. Anyway the relay is in the back of the engine and only cycles for a brief moment after start up.

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its definately not near the gp relay, this clicking is a little faster and around where the belts/fan are.i was thinking about it being the belts, but wont be sure til i look at it thursday.. i close alot so my time working on truck is very limited.

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
X2 on the AC compressor clutch, It cycles on and off in all the settings except Vent and Floor I believe. I know for sure it does with Defrost and Mix.

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
forgot to mention above, i dont have an ac compressor. and my main alt belt is the dayco gold (the good one, not the cheap floppy gates)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist