Cleaning out clogged AC drain.

Greenie

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove the truck Saturday (5 days ago) and it's still leaving a puddle of water on the garage floor. The AC works great but I'd like to get the drain to flow faster. It comes out near the passenger's feet under the truck (outside, no leaks inside yet). Thanks!

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I think that's just nature of the beast. Typically I turn my ac off when I'm about a block away to let whatever moisture in there drain out. Also helps prevent moist odors.

Greenie

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've owned this truck for 30 years. It always did drip condensate but never for 5 plus days from one short ride with the AC on. Something is partially clogged.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d try reaching under the evaporator housing. There should be a rubber tube, massage the end and see if that clears it. If not you’ll probably have to pull the fan out of the housing and clean the case and evaporator housing.

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the shop I usually just stick the end of the shop vac over the drain. Sucks a bunch of water/crap out and is typically good to go after. You can also buy a can evap cleaner with the straw on the nozzle and spray that up in there, and then use the shop vac again.

Greenie

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't even see the drain - the a/c unit is covered with aluminum foil wrapped insulation. From a creeper I see nothing, from the side looking down and in the inner fender is very close to the unit. Should I remove the insulation?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance