cl find but is it worth it?

86truckpull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
buy it 1400 for a powerstroke iv never herd of that price u could part it out for 3 times that even if u dnt wana keep it

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you talk to the guy? Could be a faulty guage, bad thermostat, plugged radiator, bad fan clutch, blown head gasket, etc.

Best way to really see whats up with it, is to go look at it and drive it and see what exactly is up with it.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how hot is hot????the psd actually likes to run around 205 degrees.was designed to run at those temps.but it couldve had the thermostat replaced with an aftermarket part.there were a couple diffent thermostats and timing covers used on the psd.they need to run a factory correct thermostat.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

a psd truck is worth a ton of money if parted out.motor alone is worth the asking price all day long.a used psd is anywhere from 1500 to 3000.00 at a salvage yard.tranny is 1000-1500.matching axles are around 1000.idm is about 300.00,pcm is another 100-200.00

lynch

little stinker
Reaction score
thanks guys like I said before i do not know much about diesel and I will tell my dad what u all said about this one. He is the one buying it but i am going to be driving it lol

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
i doubt that with the big power stroke decal on the windshield.he says 4 speed but some people call the 5 speed a 4 speed with overdrive.

I totally agree with the above posting. You really need to see and feel it to know what it is...

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you don't buy it I will. I'm on my way. Allready talked to the guy.

Last edited:

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Listen, it's in Springfield.....have Homer or Lenny and Carl swing by and see what it is all about.....LOL

Hell man, for THAT price, I would buy it no questions asked. If the tires were good, trans shifted fine and the rearends were good.....what is there to lose?

Drop an IDI in there and call her done......it will bolt right in and you only need a few wires to make THAT run!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online