citgo 10w heavy duty transmission fluid ????

goatwrangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys i got 5 gallons of this Transgard HD tranny fluid that has never been opened. its for cat transpower transmissions. Can i dump this straight into my tank since its brand new fluid or should i filter it first ? (im leaning more towards filtering it first but want some input)

Also ive got 30 gallons of off road diesel fuel thats about a year or two old. Can i run this if i mix if with reg. diesel fuel and add a full bottle of diesel Kleen to it ? (im thinking its okay but just want opinions)

thanks,

Jason

cranknrods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the new fluid should be fine just the way it is. if your really skeptical then one pass through a 5mic filter bag would make you feel better but i dont think its needed.

the 1-2 year old fuel should be fine as long as it doesnt have any water in it
algae is also a prob but the diesel klean should help (are you sure the barrel it was stored in was clean??) i would want to filter the old fuel before i worried about the tranny fluid. old isnt that bad. many of soldiers including myself leave for a year and come back to a truck thats got a 1+ year old tank of fuel. its not the old thats bad its the storage container usually. like rusty barrels that look new on the outside

if it was me i would through all of it in the tank with some diesel klean and go:peelout

p.s. even though you mixed the offroad D with taxed diesel your still introuble if you get dipped. however 1gallon of wmo throws the dip test for a loop and lets you ride away with no ticket

goatwrangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks crank. ive been running the off road fuel now but i put a bottle and a half of diesel fuel conditioner. i may throw more it in. the tank is an old fuel tank off of a k-loader at work. i dunno what condition it is in inside. im gonna throw some WMO in it and probably the 5 gallon of citgo tranny fluid just not all at once.