check this out

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were still down there I'd have so gone after it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats a fair price but a closer look is warranted. The seller isn't telling all thats wrong with that rig. We all hope its a good as it sounds but usually isn't even close... BTW anyone want to guess why the name of the town its in is called Thremal.... Thats one hot place down near the can mexico border... Even the lizzards carry a canteen on their backs....

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I've paid more for what turned out to be junk motors before. You guys that are in areas surrounded by IDI parts especially the parts of the country flooded with Turbo IDI parts are spoiled. I looked for over a year for a decent engine for my moms crew cab because everyone wanted $1000 for a non runable POS.

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a fair price but a closer look is warranted. The seller isn't telling all thats wrong with that rig. We all hope its a good as it sounds but usually isn't even close... BTW anyone want to guess why the name of the town its in is called Thremal.... Thats one hot place down near the can mexico border... Even the lizzards carry a canteen on their backs....

yea, i got lucky with my 83 that i paid $500 for. it needed pretty much exactly what he said.. ip.. but that doesn't always happen that way

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
^ years ago I paid $87.50 on ebay for a 7.3 engine. When I got it home I tried to crank it thru.. Nope... Not happening. All the glow plug were out and so were the injecters. My plan was to sleeve it so I didn't care about water in the cylinders but wont turn thru... So off come the heads... I crank the engine and it stops about the same place turning both direction. Yes.. I had several wet rusty cylinders but the ring package was cutting thru that... But not on culinder 5.. Pan comes off and we have a broken rod.... The little ******* lied to me... Said it was pulled because of high miles... Ya see... Elglish was a second language for this litle fella from mexico. He even covered up the tiny hole in the side of the oil pan with oily dirt... I'm running that engine now after a sleeve rebuild and a lot more.. I just don't like being lied to. I trust way too much. What I should have done was try to crank the engine thru... Then I would not have been surprised although this time it worked out best for me. I recall others buying " good engines that were kept dry" only to find out the pan was full of rain water. Thats got you leave a bad taste in your mouth. Trust but verify. Don't all of us count the change we are given when we buy something... Yes, we trust but verify it anyway.. I have been given too much money after a purchase and told the person about it.. On our honneymoon in Tahos I was on the craps table. They were paying off for the last round and I laid down $2.00 on the come line... I got paid as the lady was paying off everyone.. I stopped her and told her what she did... The shocked look on her face was non less that the pit boss. They thanked me for being honest. Thats hole I roll.