Cheap K&N filters?

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
never mind amazon of all places has the for just under $22. Can't see that deal getting but so much better.

sassyrel

Reaction score
you wont think their a good deal--when the rings get ate up in less than 10,00 miles--i speak from experience---and i do know how to put the intake hat lid on!!!! your wheels---

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup, we'll see. i have run K&N on every vehicle i have owned since i was 20 and none have had issues. (ok no filter related issues)

If my rings do go i will have lots of things i can blame it on. ;)

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I wonder if this is common to all K&N filters. i also run a mist injection system so help keep the engine clean so i am not overly worried, but i hadn't heard many complaints about K&N from the other car forums. .

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a K&N on my Neon and have not had any issues with it, but it is on the factory charge, and it is a factory cone style on the Neon anyway and there is a "hose clamp" that comes stock on the filter to attach it to the hose.

That said,

I WILL NEVER put a K&N or any other other brand of that type, or a FRAM filter on my PSD. On the 6.0 the factory Donaldson designed filter is $80+ for the "throw away" filter. A K&N is close to $300. The stock filter if huge, and it is capable of containing over 3 POUNDS of "stuff" before it is plugged. It will flow enough air to be good up to 400ish HP. I would rather keep the stock filter, have it filtered better, that ruin a $2000 turbo or a $15000 engine.

I've had good luck with the one K&N that I have used, but I think from now on, I will stick with the stock style filters to make sure that I do not "dust" an engine or turbo......

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my NA engine should be more tolerant of dust than a turbo engine, and like i said the mist i flow into the intake should help keep everything nice and clean despite any dust, but i admit i am surprised at the number of people who have had issues or are at least worried about issues with K&N. Well if my engine blows up it will either be the WVO, WMO, the Methanol/water mist, or the K&N filter lol
Truthfully i am still not very worried, as my driving is mostly highway and urban, and i don't expose my truck to the harshness that a lot of you who actually use your trucks for working do. Still a lot of good food for thought. Thanks for the heads-up guys.