Chassis Fuel line replacement

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While replacing my injectors, IP, Lift Pump, Glow Plugs, and Filter housing O-ring today, I noticed that the steel line to the lift pump is severely kinked, in addition to not lining up with any of the plastic tabs which hold it in place on the engine crossmember. Would it be o.k. to replace this steel line with diesel rated fuel hose? Also, how would I go about connecting the fuel hose to the plastic line from the fuel selector switch? (Should I eliminate the plastic line, or is there a fitting on the FSS which requires it?) I thought I'd get some opinions before I rip into it(and potentially break the fss fitting.) Thanks in advance.
Peter Arnsdorff

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i was very careful with a razor blade and cut the hard plastic line off the FSV fitting. i was then left with a bard that i could attack a regular line and clamp to and still fit onto the FSV.

another option i have used is to cut the metal line about 2" past where it comes out of the hard plastic line. give it a flair to hold and this give a short metal line to attach a regular line to.

i think it is better to keep steel lines since they are more ruggid but it should work fine with a properly routed rubber line.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726