changeing out injectors

redroadrunner

Reaction score
I'M wonder how hard it is changing out my injectors on my 6.0..Im not getting the fuel mileage like I should.I have changed the EGR,Fuel pump,Fuel control modrual.and also since the temp is getting colder she starting harder on cooler days.

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your fuel pressure regulator spring weak? If so, it can/will cause low fuel pressure (under 45 psig) and damage injectors. An updated regulator kit includes a new spring and is cheap.

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI - the 6.0L is often times hard to troubleshoot. You have already tried (apparently) randomly changing parts to resolve fuel economy and hard starts. How do you know it is injectors or do you not want any help in troubleshooting? Many folks have had good luck w/ a product called Rev-X (oil additive) to help resolve cold start issues (along w/ 5W40 oil and frequent oil changes). It could also be weak batteries (if you haven't checked FICM voltages) or even a leak in the high pressure oil system.

You have clearly stated that you want info on injector changeout, so even if you aren't interested in my questions at least my post is a "bump".

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Dont let bismic1's low post count fool you.....he know's what he is talking about.

Thad

redroadrunner

Reaction score
Looking for better fuel mileage

Thanks for your help and any more you may have.I will try the fuel conditioner but my other problem is fuel mileage.one time I get18 to 19 then other times im getting 13.what do you think I need to do