Change them or not?

SkipBurney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
Guys I have these injectors and glow plugs that have been in my cabinet for 4 or 5 years now. My 7.3 runs good but has 150k miles on it. I`m thinking about changing everything out when I change my injector return lines. And input on this?

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
china injectors or, Delphi?? bb code is what we used to go with...
only motorcraft glows!
at 100-125 k you are due for a pump and sticks

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
If you are going to use the Delphi injectors, you may want to have them pop tested first. I don't know if they're any good or not, that was just a suggestion.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1^^^^
The delphi' were what mel and russ used to send out, they are n.l.a. To my recollection...

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My .02. If it's running good leave it alone.

Either have your injectors pop tested and matched, or learn to make your own cheap pop tester (bottle jack) and do it yourself. (You've got time) and install them when you need a new IP at the same time as the pump.

If your truck starts fine, save your glowplugs till you need them. You have a lowish mileage truck. My original IP was dead at 225k when I bought the truck. 12 years, 1 set of injectors and glow plugs later, (1 IP also except I moosed it too) it starts and runs great.

You have parts to get you through the next 5-10 years. Run what you got now.

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your current glow plugs are Motorcraft/Beru and are still OK, leave 'em in. You should be able to take the wire off, and read less than 1 Ohm between the top of the glow plug and the battery negative terminal, if they're good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ealiaga12

Members online