Centrifuge should be here today.

crazytwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great company and excellent product. I've processed over 1,000 gallons with zero issues. I only stopped using it because the rest of the system ( pump, hoses, transfer setup) needed to be replaced. I was using a pump from an Acura legend I believe. It didn't like the heavy metal shavings in my cutting oil.

I am more comfortable with my purchase. I have looked at these before but felt that they were gimmicky. I really wanted the big one like simple centrifuge. That was out of my price range.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely no gimmick! It is one of the best purchases I have ever made. When I was running waste oils diesel was over $4/gallon. It has more than paid for itself. And I didn't go through filters any faster than I did with diesel. Most of the oil I was running was used cutting oil that was FULL of metal. The fuge definitely did it's job.

crazytwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to get it hooked up. I have about 200 gallons premixed right now.

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YOu are going to need more pressure than that thing can put out. Best to use a power steering pump of some sort as others here have done. I use a ps pump off a 1969 international. It can maintain 100 psi for days without working hard at all.
I use the pump you have listed above in my biodiesel processor and to move fluids around under no pressure. It works fine except it is not self priming at all. It starts to really get loaded at 60 psi.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As stated above, the fuge works between 85-90 psi and you shouldn't exceed 100 psi. I set mine at 95psi and make sure I'm running a consistent blend at the right viscosity so it doesn't exceed that.

Last edited:

crazytwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No kidding about the self priming. What a pain it is to get it primed. I bought a check valve to kind the oil in the hose and pump.

The opening is 1". If it is necked down to 1/4", you don't think I with get to 95 PSI?

Is there a list somewhere that lists power steering pumps that can be hooked directly to hoses? Preferably cheap ones.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knecking a pump like that down won't boost the pressure much. The head pressure is a function of the impeller. Cutting the orifice down will cut the volume down but only raise the pressure to whatever the pump head will max out at.

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a list somewhere that lists power steering pumps that can be hooked directly to hoses? Preferably cheap ones.

Just have a custom hose made to fit whatever pump you have laying around. I think I paid $30 to have mine made, but I am now high pressure hydraulic hose and steel 100% between the pump and the centrifuge so I don't have to worry about something popping from the pressure.