Centramatic and Counteract Balancing Beads users.........

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have the death wobble, ordered a front set of centramatics and it took care of it. I used #8 shot before that an it was ok, not as good as the centramatics.

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a note of caution with the Centrimatics. I own three good ones and a bad one, all with just over 600 yards of mileage on them.

I installed, everything was tight and spun freely, no "apparent" wobble etc.

As I drove out my driveway, made a hard right hand turn..... then smell of oil permeated the air. Somehow my brake calipers made contact in the turn and tore a hole in the casing. Not Centrimatics fault.... but dang if that wasn't a waste of money and time.... shipping and labor took longer than actual ride.

Make sure there is "really good" clearance between the product and everything else!

I'd try the BB's first, see if that helps, less expensive to "find out" if it works. The thing about the Centrimatics is, they are oil filled along with the shot. This slows down the shot so as not to keep spinning or make noise, stabilizes the shot to even out any shimmies.

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a note of caution with the Centrimatics. I own three good ones and a bad one, all with just over 600 yards of mileage on them.

As I drove out my driveway, made a hard right hand turn..... then smell of oil permeated the air. Somehow my brake calipers made contact in the turn and tore a hole in the casing. Not Centrimatics fault.... but dang if that wasn't a waste of money and time.... shipping and labor took longer than actual ride.

Make sure there is "really good" clearance between the product and everything else!

I'd try the BB's first, see if that helps, less expensive to "find out" if it works. The thing about the Centrimatics is, they are oil filled along with the shot. This slows down the shot so as not to keep spinning or make noise, stabilizes the shot to even out any shimmies.

Clearance issues was actually the reason why I went with the internal bead balancing method. The new rims I put on just barely cleared the brake calipers and certainly left no room for tape-on weights. I didn't want the clip-on type either 'cause they look like crap on nice rims.

I've never noticed any extra noises or "shimmies" from the beads other than from rolling the loose wheel on the ground. Of course, in a loud diesel, you probably wouldn't anyways between the engine/exhaust, road noise, and wind...

I would highly reccommend dumping some airsoft BB's in the tires first. Works great for me.

pontoonrob

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

As I drove out my driveway, made a hard right hand turn..... then smell of oil permeated the air. Somehow my brake calipers made contact in the turn and tore a hole in the casing. Not Centrimatics fault.... but dang if that wasn't a waste of money and time.... shipping and labor took longer than actual shipping.
I had aproblem with one hitting the calipers also. The guys at Centramatics sent me a different size at no charge.---Rob

langevette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the air soft bbs in my 245 treadright mts. No shakes with 4k miles so far. Only thing is if I stop quick w/ the window down I can hear the beads hit the rim.
Matthew

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sounds like the ticket for the M1009 and 37-12.50/16.5s I have mounted on the custom rims. They aren't balanced at all now and it's quite the ride. Anything tried has to be an improvement. Is there something I can use that goes through the valve stem?

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
There are balancing beads made of ceramic that are small enough. Gonna take forever to put 10oz in...

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/gallery1.htm

That's gonna run you about $94 plus shipping.

In my 37x12.5R16.5s i used 2 containers of 10k AirSoft BBs divided between the 4 tires. Much more than i needed, but it doesn't seem to hurt. Total cost- $30

If i did it again i would probably measure out about 12oz instead of the 1.5 pounds i used...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle