CDR valve

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I just bought a 088 ats turbo kit for 150 bucks and I installed it the other day. I guess I didn't relize that when I took CDR off that it would build crank case pressure. When I get it donw I started up to let it run to check for leaks, then it started leaking really bad. I opened the hood and it was blowing air and oil outta the dip stick so i shut it off and relieved the pressure. I just took the oil fill cap off to drive it to the parts store to get a breather cap that I just put in the oil fill(made one oiley mess under the hop with the cap off). Then the truck was runing good but I noticed today that the valley pan looked puffed up right behind the ip and there is oil behind the turbo drain could this had been from running it with no breather that it just built too much pressure and pops up? Will it be alright to drive till I get the time and funds to tear it down? Thanks

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would hook up the cdr again and plumb it back into the intake before your turbo, the little breather you put on it now will blow oil vapor all over your engine and engine bay area. The valley pan bulging is most likely cause you didn't poke holes in the baffle and it built or is building pressure from the oil not returning, pull your turbo and where the oil drain goes into the valley pan take a pick axle like object and poke a few holes in the baffle (baffle is inside and underneath the valley pan) and no the crank case not breathing didn't bend it up like that.

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would I just makes a adapter for the front of the gear case like the banks kit? I'm getting tired of the oil fuems in my cab lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Road draft = FUMES in the cab.----- CDR= Crankcase Depression Relief

And after I poke the holes in te baffle with the valley pan be alright or does it need replaced?

-Ya don't punch holes in the Valley Pan,
Ya go down thru the hole where the original CDR was, punch holes in the BAFFEL BELOW the valley pan TOP. use an ice pick, a phillips screw driver anything with a point on it, four 1/4" holes punched in it is sufficient.

Would I just makes a adapter for the front of the gear case like the banks kit? I'm getting tired of the oil fuems in my cab lol
Any way ya wanta do it.

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright thanks guys. So even though the valley pan is poped up it will be okay? Just gotta poke the holes in the baffle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just an example, if the VP is 10" x 8" it has 80 sq, inches of surface, 4 PSI of crankcase pressure, it's pushing up the VP surface with 320 lbs force. Front and rear seals can't hold in that pressure, they leak like Hell.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if done right, and a check valve added, it will evacuate all pressure out of the crankcase, i have one installed on my down pipe just behind my turbo.
i love it so far, takes some welding.