CC Frame strengthening?

wmoguy

Reaction score
My 94 will soon be getting a 115 gallon transfer tank mounted in the fore part of the bed. I figure when full, and with the toolbox next to it, that area will be seeing somewhere around 850-900 lbs. Seems like a lot of weight in one area over the long haul.
Think I'd be wise to box the frame in that area or do some other frame strengthening? My frame is in good shape, minor surface rust but it's far from an East coast truck frame.

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boxing the frame in that section is not a bad idea. I would do short box sections to spread the wieght more evenly and allow access to the inside of the frame rails.

Just my 2 cents.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I run a 120 gallon tank with a built in tool box and haul a 11,300 lb fiver with no noticeable issues.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you want these frames to flex. if they aren't allowed to flex, stuff gets torn up fast. my F450's are double framed behind the cab. as a result, the cabs are shredded at the welds.

Black dawg

Reaction score
I wouldnt worry about it, these trucks have been beat up and down logging roads year after year with full L-tanks and toolboxes and I have never seen one with a broken frame. I have seen a broken one, but it was an f350 with 400k used as a wrecker from day one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online