Cavitation article complete, Please Review

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
"A perfect example of what is needed is FLEETRITE Antifreeze. FLEETRITE is sold at International parts dealers and probably other places. You will need 4 gallons of FLEETRITE. Next, go to Ford and buy 2 bottles of VC-8, previously known as FW-16, this is your SCAs. "

Maybe you could buy some DCA-4, while your at the International dealership, buying your Fleetrite?. Thus saving a trip to the Ford dealer. Which could be quite a jaunt, for some peeps?
Also, your kind of infering that Fleetrite is the stuff you need. I buy my low silicate coolant from a farm supply outlet (L&M Supply) at a substantail savings over Fleetrite brand. Over $2.00/gallon savings. You might want to stay away from recomending certain name brands?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calvin, what the heck happened to your avatar? LOL

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Okay, finally gonna get around to this, was too busy last night.

I'll try to incorporate everything said thus far.

I said fleetrite because people are often confused on what low silicate means. If you know what it is and have time to go look for it then you're just fine. But some people, from what i've experienced, just don't know whats going on and just need the easist way pointed out for them. I saw FLEETRITE as the easiest route to tell them. I said an example is fleetrite, not that fleetrite is the only stuff.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Alright, i thank everyone for their input. I incorporated all everyone said best i could. I found updated the coolant filter section a bit. I found the napa part number thanks to warden a while back on TDS.

pafixitman. I found your pictures over at TDS of your coolant filter, so i put those on there. I said they were from you. Lemme know if thats okay.

And i guess soon i'll submit this all to Mel.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Well in my own wonderful mind :backoff I like to use the term "implode"to describe what happens as the cylinder wall returns and the water fills the void. Waddaya tink? :eek: I also thint the article was awsome !!! good job Eric!!!

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
well mister bill, i used the term implode here...

When the coolant implodes on this vacuum up against the cylinder wall, the cylinder wall experiences extreme mechanical stress and the metal is actually eaten away, slowly but surely.

I used contraction mostly when i talk about the wall contracting back in. I would use implode but my nomenclature is already set up so it'd probably sound funny if i said the wall imploded :eek:

But glad you guys like the article. :thumbsup:

obinella

Reaction score
yaric008, the movement of the cyl. wall during operation is probably caused by harmonics more than anything. chuck

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
Someone over at TDS, I can't reveal his name, said I should give you this link to copy

http://www.thedieselstop.com/contents/getitems.php3?Cavitation%20Diagnosis

yaric008 said:
Well here it is
http://www.samantha.cc/cavitationartic.html

I'm not sure if I'm just supposed to give this to Mel, but either way, I'd like everyone to read it and make sure I have my information perfect. If there is anything people think I should add, let me know. Any grammar mistakes, lemme know.

I've checked everything best to my ability but i'm sure there is probably something I have missed. Once everyone puts in their two cents I guess Mel then can put it up on the tech articles and hopefully anyone with questions ever again will be able to get everything they need from there.

Only thing I really need to finish it off is the procedure of how to tell you have cavitation damage. There is a way such as getting which ever cylinder you are studying at BDC then putting pressurized air in there and gauging the leak and such. If there is an article out there, please someone let me know, and i'll put a link in there, or if someone feels they know what the procedure is and wants to write it all out, i'll include that too.

Anyways, hope you guys like it, I spent quite a few hours on it, and at least got it done ahead of schedule, woho!

Also, i should probably add more terms to the glossary.

obinella

Reaction score
okie, if you will check back a number of posts you will find that pafixitmam coverd that quite nisely. wile this test will indead point you yo the cyl that is leaking it will not tell you what is leaking. cav.-head or gasket-cooler. if i read yaric008's post correctly,this is what he was asking for. love chuck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online