Carier/Facet Dura Lift. fuel pump

Reaction score
I thought I posted this last night, but I must have clicked preview and not post :(

I got this WOW back in Sept. 2008! I never got around to putting it into the truck, it has been sitting on a shelf in the garage since.

Anyway I was thinking I would use it to pump some fuel in my Mercedes. I did a test setup into a fuel can of diesel, and I want to know from guys who have one, if this sound is normal? The fuel is regular diesel, but probably B5 as I think that there is a law here in the PDX metro area requiring all diesel to be at least B5.

Youtube vid of the action!

Later, I have rigged it up under hood, attached to the supply and return lines. The fuel is B99 in the car, not WVO. Notice when I shake it, it becomes muffeld. That is more like the noise I expected.

youtube of the action

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
When they are first priming and sucking air and are pushing against air in the system they will rattle like that.Once the system becomse fully filled with fuel they quiet down. Also if you mount them too low down on the frame they will make a racket. make sure to mount it up high in the engine compartment or trunk. these pumps were designed to lift, they do not like being force fed like most E pumps and they will cavitate if mounted below the tank
THese are great pumps, I have two of the things on my truck, one on each tank ( I wanted a redundant system for a long cross country trip that we are on right now )