Captains chairs in bricknose

78loadstar

Reaction score
Back in '93 I bought a brand new f-150 extended cab with captains chairs and console between them. Really comfortable seats. Does anyone know if similar seats would fit in my '90 f-350 with standard cab and what is involved in doing so?
Dennis

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
If you could find them from a regular cab or crew crab, they should bolt in.
You could make them work from a extended cab, by modifying the mount.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in '93 I bought a brand new f-150 extended cab with captains chairs and console between them. Really comfortable seats. Does anyone know if similar seats would fit in my '90 f-350 with standard cab and what is involved in doing so?
Dennis
OBS (93) had two different mounting systems. the bench frame is the simplest to use on a non-bucket seat floor.
usually when you find it for sale, the seller wants some serious coin for it too.

78loadstar

Reaction score
Can't send pics, won't be home until Wednesday. The console is actually an arm rest that folds down from the seat back between the driver and passenger. Excuse my terminology. Friend bought this truck in '93 from original owner' I bought it from his widow after he passed away. Makes me third owner, it was set up this way when he bought it . Original owner might have changed it but it sure looks factory.
Dennis

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford had a lot of different things. I found an 85 EC with captain's and a center console. Not all one piece though. It was a 'Ranger' trim truck. I doubt there is any one place that even references all the different options and choices. On top of all the OEM Ford choices, there is also the coach builders that did different stuff inside the trucks, think Centurion.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine has the same kind of seats. They look factory and may have been original to the truck. I would assume places like Centurion could order without seats instead of having to get rid of thousands of seats that they replaced.

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has the same kind of seats. They look factory and may have been original to the truck. I would assume places like Centurion could order without seats instead of having to get rid of thousands of seats that they replaced.

I don't know how all that worked. Maybe, maybe not, depends on Ford really.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online