Can't line up Dana 50 leaf spring center pin

dkleind0110

Reaction score
So I've only dealt w solid axles, my f250 is my first ttb. Put some new bushings in my leaf springs and shackles (I have basically an oem setup). Trying to put my leafs back on and I can't figure out for the life of me how to get it all to fit back together. Ive tried bolting in the eye bolts first then jacking the axle up and slipping it into the center pin, but then I cant get the bottom bracket's pin to line up w the u bolts. Tried with the leaf springs on the axle center pin in and u bolts threaded on to hold bottom pin as well and jack up the axle to get the eyes into their brackets, but no dice.
Any tips??? This Dana 50 is really giving me hell

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have two flor jacks and I left the front bolt off and slid my axle onto the springs. Then I jacked each jack up and hung the spring front bolts. Then I just moved the axle, by hand, over the center pin and slipped the u-bolts over the axle and the plate under the spings. Simple. Something is not right with your setup...

dkleind0110

Reaction score
I have two flor jacks and I left the front bolt off and slid my axle onto the springs. Then I jacked each jack up and hung the spring front bolts. Then I just moved the axle, by hand, over the center pin and slipped the u-bolts over the axle and the plate under the spings. Simple. Something is not right with your setup...

Where did you put the two jacks??

dkleind0110

Reaction score

Also, i just got my leafs resprung so they are about 2" taller than before, it's just that the axle angles outward when it's lowered down, this is what I'm struggling with

dkleind0110

Reaction score
One under each end of the axle.
Still confused by this hahaha, do you mean like one on the driver's side and one on the passenger side? Or two on the same half of the axle but one right behind the hub and one on the diff cover for the driver's side for example

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1 jack under the driver's side and one jack under the passenger's side

carsonlhammond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, i just got my leafs resprung so they are about 2" taller than before, it's just that the axle angles outward when it's lowered down, this is what I'm struggling with

You may have to put the center pivot bolt in, then jack the axle up to simulate ride height to correct the camber to get the pin and the hole square to each other.

Last edited: