Cam sensor fault

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck was running like crap, kept stalling and cuttin out. Put it on the snap on scan tool. Cam position sensor circuit intermittent and Cam position sensor circuit fault cam up. Changed the Cam sensor, drove it around then let it idle for an hour. Scanned it again, came up clean. So I drive it home (30 miute ride) and about 5 minutes from home it starts cuttin out again. I scan it again today and the same codes come up. Any ideas?
I just changed the fuel filter, fuel 60psi, new ipr 9 months ago,new ipr sensor 9 months ago, 10k resistor,

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check the fuel heater.see if the element is loose and shorting out.if it is just unplug it,you dont need it

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Were did you get the cam sensor you put in it? and what color is it?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Its Borg Warner, I put it in and its grey.

You need a motorcraft cam sensor, i have an extra that i will send you, if it fixes your problem send me back 30 dollars if it dont fix your problem keep it sound fair

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone direct me to the fuse box diagram. I don't have an owners manual so I don't know what this blown fuse goes to. It is in the engine bay fuse box. Thank you in advance.

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
94f450sd, can you tell me witch plug runs the fuel bowl heater. Is it the lower one on the drivers side?

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much. I'm gonna try to drive it to work now, with the computer running data.

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dyoung14, good call on the cam sensor. I swapped the BW sensor out for a Motorcraft and now its fine. Ran the truck for 4hrs strait and 1 of those was with a 7000lb load. Didn't have one problem!
The knolledge and help on here is why I love this site.
Thank you guys for the help.
Now I can get some work done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance