Calling on Canadian IDI Owners

BCMac

Reaction score
Where do you get your parts from? Seems shipping from most US sites is pretty high and my stuff seems to be getting hung up at customs.

Any solid sources with decent prices North of the border?

MarX740

Reaction score
Depends what. Rockauto isn't too bad as long as you can keep everything from the same warehouse or get things shipped to a border town. Ebay works if you find a supplier that's good. Plus there is you can sometimes get it shipped from inside Canada instead of international.
There are a few places around that do body panels though I'm not too sure out that way, you guys have a lot less of the rust issues.

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really depends on what you are looking for. I find the States is better for finding quality parts - IP, injectors, GP's. In Canada you are stuck with questionable rebuilds and cheap China components. I do not like NAPA, I have have some good luck with Carquest but most of my significant purchases are shipping to the border.

Here are a couple of Canadian suppliers that I have had good experiences with (these are all for IDI / OBS parts):
1. Radiator - cooldirect.ca
2. XRF ball joints / steering stuff - I originally bought from the States but they now have an office in Canada
3. Steering box - Ottawa Driveshaft and Steering
4. Transmission - B&N Transmission (Ottawa)
5. Sensors - Local Ford dealer (I have an account so prices are actually pretty good)

I do not recommend (unknown POS rebuilds, etc):
1. Canadian Tire / parts source
2. NAPA / UAP

I have never had to replace and body components on my truck so no source for that! :D

I go to the States for any specific items like IP, injectors, glow plugs. Glow plugs can be found on ebay for good prices. States offers better selection for starter motors and brake components. I usually find that once you do your shopping you can get a better quality part for about the same price as a "guaranteed to fail in 13 months" part from Canada.

Better go shopping! You are running out of time before Trump builds his wall. cookoo

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
horsefly...hollee *****...one from biglake here one from horsefly...whats becoming of this place???

who are you? I used to attend school in horsefly back in the 70's.

let me know what parts ya may need I deal in used parts.

i do bring in stuff from US too as I am 25 min from Oroville WA.

BCMac

Reaction score
horsefly...hollee *****...one from biglake here one from horsefly...whats becoming of this place???

who are you? I used to attend school in horsefly back in the 70's.

let me know what parts ya may need I deal in used parts.

i do bring in stuff from US too as I am 25 min from Oroville WA.

Ha, apparently they just let any old jacka$$ sign up these days. What can you do, we like our old rusty Fords out this way!

Just going through the truck now, waiting on a few bits to get here. I will hit you up when I have a better idea of what is needed.